By Jaimie Cura
Happy Fourth of July, folks! Here's a guide to simple desserts.
Ice Cream Sandwich Pops
Cut ice cream sandwiches in half, stick a lollipop stick in them, then cover the edges with red, white and blue sprinkles. Place them on wax paper and freeze them before serving. So easy, right?
- Strawberries, washed and dried
- White chocolate
- Blue sugar, edible glitter or sprinkles
Put the blue sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50 percent power for two minutes.
Stir until the bowl is no longer warm. Then microwave for 30 second intervals at 50 percent power, stirring after each, until the chocolate is completely melted.
Dip the lower two thirds of the strawberries in the melted white chocolate. Then dip the lower third of the strawberries in the blue sugar or spoon it onto the strawberry.
Place the strawberries on wax paper until they are completely cool.My Favorite Fourth of July Cupcakes
- Make an American flag with cupcakes—Why I love this recipe: I don't have to pipe out fancy designs. Use blueberries, raspberries and coconut to get the red, white and blue.
- Impress your friends with this fancy 'marble' trick using food coloring.
- Watermelon cupcakes
- Corn on the cobcake—Yeah, you read that right. I promise that if you click that link, you will be impressed.