The promoted 19 officers at a ceremony in Cockeysville on Monday morning.
and addressed the audience prior to the swearing-in of the officers.
Johnson noted that this particular promotion ceremony was especially significant to him because it followed a challenging year for the department. About a quarter of the after the county council passed an
"These are our friends, we will miss them," Johnson said. "But this is no time for pessimism and regret."
administered the oath of office to the officers being promoted and Baltimore County Police Chaplain Reverend Paul Palazzi delivered the invocation and benediction.
Other notable attendants included Baltimore County Council members , and
The following officers were promoted at the ceremony, which took place in the Conference Center at
Major to Colonel
- Joseph Burris (Administrative and Technical Services Bureau)
- Peter Evans (Operations Bureau)
Sergeant to Lieutenant
- Deanna Chemelli (Operations Bureau)
- Orlando Lilly (Pikesville Precinct)
Corporal to Sergeant
- Brian Brewer (Pikesville Precinct)
- Michael Brooks (Wilkens Precinct)
- Donald Chambers (Woodlawn Precinct)
- Shane Henschen (Operations Bureau)
- Robert Marley (North Point Precinct)
- Thomas Stetson (Administrative and Technical Services Bureau)
- Michael Toni (Woodlawn Precinct)
Officer to Corporal
- John Bondura (Cockeysville Precinct)
- Jeffrey Dvorak (North Point Precinct)
- Bryan Fraim (Pikesville Precinct)
- Matthew German (Essex Precinct)
- Jeremy Gryctz (Communications Center)
- Izaac Hester (Woodlawn Precinct)
- Matthew Lehto (Pikesville Precinct)
- Gregory Sheets (Essex Precinct)