How to Register to Vote in Cockeysville, Hunt Valley
In honor of National Voter Registration Day, we’re giving you all the information you need on how and where to register to vote.
If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
Today is National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year’s elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for the Free State is Oct. 16.
Here’s information on how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 elections:
- You can use the Maryland State Board of Elections Online Voter Registration System until 9 p.m. on Oct. 16.
- The Baltimore County Board of Elections Website (Download the application)
- Baltimore County Board of Elections (by telephone or in person)
- Local post offices: 9603 Deereco Road in Timonium, 8016 Bellona Avenue
in Towson or in Cockeysville at 115 Wight Avenue
or 76 Cranbrook Road.
- Libraries: Cockeysville Branch Library. (Click link for details)
Applications must be postmarked by the voter registration deadline in order to vote in the next scheduled election.
Once you're registered in Maryland you never need to renew your registration unless you haven't voted in the last two presidential elections.
Are you registered to vote? Are you encouraging others to vote? Tell us in the comments section below.